Classic Macaroni and Cheese
Low fat cheese and skim milk help to make this favorite dish heart-healthy.
|2 cups ||macaroni
|1/2 cup || chopped onions
|1/2 cup ||evaporated skim milk
|1 medium || egg, beaten
|1/4 tsp || black pepper
|1 1/4 cups ||sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz),
finely shredded, low fat
|nonstick || cooking oil spray
- Cook macaroni according to directions. (Do not add salt to the cooking
water.) Drain and set aside.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking oil spray.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Add onions to saucepan and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and the remaining ingredients
and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before
Makes 8 servings--Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fat 4 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 120 mg